
Let me just start out by wishing all the breastfeeding mums out there a Happy World Breastfeeding Week!!
I have to say that I still can't believe that Graysen and I have made it this far with our breastfeeding relationship. After the rocky start that I had with Logan, I wasn't even sure how things would go with Graysen. She is a totally different baby though. She latched on from the time she was 10 minutes old and has never looked back. I was also concerned with how things were going to go after I went back to work and had to pump. Thankfully I was easily able to pump enough milk to keep up with her needs plus some extra that got put into the freezer. I was able to continue pumping until the week before her first birthday while gradually cutting down on pumping sessions from 11 months on. She is still breastfeeding at 13 months old and I'm not really sure when she will be done. I figure that I will see how things go and let her decided when she is done.
So to all the mum's and mum's to be out there, enjoy this week (even though it is almost over) and whether you breastfeed once or let your baby self wean, know that you are doing an amazing thing for your little one and should be proud of yourself!
No comments:
Post a Comment