Saturday, August 14, 2010

Grocery Shopping on a Budget

It can be done! We have been trying to save as much money in as many places as possible lately. One of the ways that we are doing this is by price matching and using coupons while grocery shopping. Thankfully, we have the local ads delivered to us for free every Tuesday. They have also started to include a coupon book with the ads over the last month and I am enrolled with CouponMom and get weekly emails with additional coupons and deals. Every week before we go grocery shopping, we go through the ads and circle the things that we need and are on sale. Then I go ahead and make out our grocery list and write down all the items that we will be price matching. Then I go through all my coupons and pull out the ones that I will be using that week and make note of that on my grocery list. This has really helped us save a lot of money and it helps me make sure that I don't forget to use the coupons. I realize that it takes maybe 30 minutes longer to prepare this list before we go grocery shopping, but it is totally worth it in the end. I don't think we have spent over $45 on groceries in a week over the last month!

No comments: