We decided that we were going to try relaxed elimination communication with Logan in March 2008, but I really fell behind with it and Logan also decided that he did not like the potty and he would not sit on it. Since he was feeling this way about his potty, we decided not to push things and let Logan tell us when he was ready. A couple of months ago he really wanted some Elmo underwear while we were at the store so I thought that he might be showing signs and bought those for him. It turns out he was more interested in the fact that they had Elmo on them than actually potty learning so I have been letting him wear them over his diaper, which looks hilarious, but he is just so happy. Then he started to stay dry during the night if I got to him before he woke up in the mornings and he was using the potty those mornings. However, since I have been home from work, he is now the one waking me up and he is usually wet by the time I get to his room so that was a step backwards, but that is ok. I know that night time potty learning is usually the last thing to come. His newest thing is when he has to pee, he will start to grab himself on the outside of his pants. When I ask him if he needs to pee, he will tell me no, but when I take him to the potty, he goes! So I know that he has some control and some understanding of the feeling of needing to go, which is a step in the right direction. I am going to continue to follow his lead on this and hope that he starts telling me his when he is showing me signs and then we will go from there. I am a little worried about a setback with the new baby coming, but if that happens then I will just let him tell me when he is ready again.
No comments:
Post a Comment