I still can't believe that my baby boy is 3 years old!! It seems like just yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital. He has grown so much since then. I took some quick measurements on his birthday and he weighed 30lbs and was 36 1/4 inches tall. He is still as active as ever and loves to run around and play with all the kids in the neighborhood. He is also becoming quite the talkative little boy and has his opinion on everything. I know that a year ago I couldn't wait for him to start talking and now he doesn't stop. He is doing really well with his preschool activities and is starting to recognize his numbers and letters. He has been able to count to 10 for awhile now and can sing the alphabet with little assistance. He is also able to recognize his shapes and colours and can even tell you how many sides and angles some of the shapes have.
Logan's favorite things to play with are his toy food, BBQ grill and his cars. Once you let him go outside to play though, you can't get him back inside. He loves to ride his bike and jump on the trampoline. We have taken several trips to the zoo lately and he is starting to walk around the zoo with me as opposed to riding in the stroller. He loves going to the zoo to see the animals. His current favorites are the penguins, sharks and gorillas. Most times we need to take a second trip to the aquarium before leaving just so that he can see the penguins and sharks again.
I look forward to what the next year will bring for Logan. He is definitely growing out of the toddler phase and into the young child phase. He is no longer wearing diapers and is 95% toilet trained during the day, including naps, and 75% nighttime trained. He sits at the table for all meals and requires little assistance with actually eating his food and is starting to use a cup without a lid, which I think he could have done sooner, but I didn't want to have to deal with the mess.
We are going home to Canada for a week in July and Logan can't wait to see Nana and his Aunties. It is going to be a looooonnnng drive, but it will be so much fun once we are there and he gets to spend time with everyone.
Here is a comparison shot of pictures of Logan:
Birth

1 Year Old

2 Years Old
No comments:
Post a Comment